Brake calipers are important for keeping disk brake systems safe. They hold the brake pads, convert the hydraulic pressure in the brake system into mechanical pressure via one or more pistons and decelerate the vehicle by pushing the brake pads against the brake discs. Regardless of whether they are floating calipers or fist or fixed calipers, these parts are always exposed to direct environmental influences, such as moisture, dirt and road salt as well as fluctuating temperatures.
In cases of wear and tear, remanufactured replacement parts are not only a less expensive solution, but are also much more environmentally friendly. Expert remanufacturing uses much less energy and generates much less CO2 than producing new parts. In fact, the savings can amount to as much as 80 percent and workshop customers still receive a durable, safe brake caliper which is of the same quality as a brand new part.
These are the hallmarks of OPTIMAL’s new range of remanufactured brake calipers. The parts are remanufactured to the highest standards of quality:
- Only tested brake calipers are remanufactured
- Wearing parts are generally replaced
- Constant load tests and end-of-line tests are performed
- Resistance tests are conducted in line with OEM specifications
The end customer benefits from reasonably priced brake calipers with
- shorter installation times because the handbrake mechanics, for instance, have already been installed and tested,
- new or reconditioned components,
- brand new bleeder screws for easy brake bleeding and secure sealing, and
- reconditioned surface coating for long-lasting protection against corrosion.
The following documents contain installation tips, general installation instructions and information on how to return used parts.