Right at the start of the Euro 2016 will start the Facebook Euro 2016 competition (sweepstake) by OPTIMAL on June 10th 2016. And here are the conditions of participation.
Conditions of participation and data privacy for OPTIMAL’s competition:
- The competition (the competition and competition organiser)
- The prizes (what can be won in the competition)
- The competition period (beginning and end of the competition)
- The rules (how the winner is determined and what conditions need to be satisfied to win)
- Participation (who can participate in the competition)
- Notification (what happens if the winner does not get in contact)
- Response (what happens if the winner does not get in contact)
- Sending (how the prize is sent to the winner)
- Reservation clause.
- Miscellaneous (additional provisions)
- Exemption of Facebook
1. The competition
OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG (OPTIMAL for short) will be holding a competition on its Facebook business page during the 2016 European Football Championship (Euro 2016) www.facebook.com/optimalgermany.
OPTIMAL will be running individual betting competitions for the ten matches below.
Group stage matches:
1) England vs. Russia (11th June 2016 at 9pm)
2) Belgium vs. Italy (13th June 2016 at 9pm)
3) Austria vs. Hungary (14th June 2016 at 6pm)
4) Germany vs. Poland (16th June 2016 at 9pm)
5) Spain vs. Turkey (17th June 2016 at 9pm)
6) Switzerland vs. France (19th June 2016 at 9pm)
Matches from the round of sixteen to the semifinal:
7) One round of sixteen match will be chosen as a further competition after 22nd June 2016 once it has been established which teams will be playing against each other.
8) One quarter final match will be chosen for our competition after 27th June 2016 once it has been established which teams will be playing against each other.
9) One semifinal match will be chosen for our competition after 3rd July 2016 once it has been established which teams will be playing against each other.
10) The Euro 2016 final in Paris (10th July 2016 at 9pm) will be our final competition.
By participating in the competition, the user agrees to the following conditions of participation.
OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG
Email 1: email@example.com
Email 2: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The prizes
2.1. Each winner of a match bet will receive an OPTIMAL wheel bearing clock as well as an OPTIMAL Euro 2016 mug.
2.2. Whoever guesses the correct result of the final on 10th July 2016 will also receive in addition an original Euro 2016 football as a star prize.
3. The competition period
The competition will begin when the Euro 2016 is opened on 10th June 2016 and will end after the final game on 10th July 2016.
You will usually be able to bet on the ten selected matches on OPTIMAL's Facebook page two days before kickoff in each case. Just the first match (England vs. Russia) will be available for betting on the first day of our competition only (i.e. on 10th June 2016, from midnight (00:00) to midnight (24:00) CEST).
4. The rules
- Each player can participate in all ten matches selected (see matches under point 1.).
- The player participates in our competition by sending us his/her bet as a comment on the relevant competition posting atwww.facebook.com/optimalgermany.
- The bet in the comment field must contain the exact result of the match. For example, a match bet of "Germany vs. Poland = 2:1" would mean that the player expects a 2 goals to 1 victory for Germany. If the match ends with that exact result, the player will be entered into the pool of correct bets, and the winner will be randomly drawn from this pool.
- It should be noted that the knockout games begin starting from the round of sixteen (as of competition 7). For these matches, it is considered a correct bet if the player correctly guesses the total number of goals scored by each of the teams. For example, if the score is 2:2 after 90 minutes between team A and team B and the match is decided in extra time by a further goal for team A, the player would need to have bet 3:2 for team A. However, if no goals are scored in extra time and the match is decided in a penalty shootout with 5 to 4 goals for team A, the correct bet would be 7 to 6 for team A. The bet therefore needs to indicate the exact match result in order to be entered into the pool of correct bets.
- The winner is drawn from the pool of correct bets.
- If there is no correct bet (exact match result), the winner will be drawn from the pool of the players who at least bet the correct outcome of the match (i.e. victory, draw or defeat).
- Bets can be made as soon as the competition posting appears on OPTIMAL's business page on Facebook. This will usually be two days before kickoff in each case. The first competition, i.e. the match between England and Russia, will only be posted as a competition one day before the match starts.
- Bets can be made until midnight (24:00) Central European Summer Time (CEST) on the day before the match starts. Otherwise the bet will not be valid. The bet for competition 2) for example (Belgium vs. Italy, beginning on 13th June 2016 at 9pm) must therefore be submitted no later than midnight (24:00) on 12th June 2016.
You may participate in the competition if you are over 18 years old and have your own Facebook account.
Participants agree to only send only one bet per competition as a comment, and to also send no comments which contain
- False statements of fact
- Infringements of competition, trademark or copyright law (e.g. image rights).
Any such offenses will lead to the participant being excluded and to deletion of the comment by OPTIMAL. By participating in the competition, the participant automatically indemnifies OPTIMAL, as the competition's organiser, against any offenses of this kind (indemnity clause).
We will send the winner a Facebook message (via their comment) and will publish the name of the winner's Facebook account on Facebook. This will normally take place within no more than one week of the match ending (on working days from Mon to Fri).
If the respective winner does not get in contact with OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG by 31st July 2016, the prize will be forfeited. To send you the prize, we require your exact postal address. Please send your address by email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have received the postal address of the competition's winner, we will dispatch the prize to the winner. The shipping is expected to start early/mid of July 2016. OPTIMAL will pay the costs of shipping.
9. Reservation clause.
OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG reserves the right to change, suspend or end the competition at any time without giving notice and without stating reasons. However, we will only make use of this option in urgent cases, e.g. for reasons of force majeure, for technical reasons (in case of hardware and software manipulation) as well as for legal reasons. OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG shall not be liable for losses, failures or delays which are outside our scope of responsibility. In justified cases, the prize may be replaced with an equivalent prize or prizes.
For OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG, the security and satisfaction of all the competition's participants is top priority. This is why we shall only store all data required for the purposes of the competition for the duration of the competition. Once the competition is over and the prizes have been sent, all data collected will be deleted.
Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash, nor can prize entitlements be transferred or assigned to other persons. All decisions are final! If individual conditions of participation should be or become invalid, the validity of the remaining conditions shall not be affected by this.
12. Exemption of Facebook.
The competition is not connected with Facebook in any way whatsoever and is neither sponsored, supported nor organised by Facebook. This competition is run solely by OPTIMAL AG & Co. KG (see also point 1.).